Fwd: New version of xfld - Xfce live demo

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 15:03:51 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I was sent a mail notifying me that Xfld (a live CD demoing xfce) has
released
a new version based on Xubuntu (it used to be knoppix).
If you find Xubuntu lacking in some areas maybe Xfld is a better fit for you
as it has a slighlty different package selection.

Jani

I quote from the mail sent from one of the persons involved with that
project:

Xfld boots from CD-ROM and provides a complete GNU/Linux operating
environment without the need to install anything.
It features applications like OpenOffice.org, Gimp, Firefox and Thunderbird.

Xfld 0.3 is based on Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy)
In contrast to the Xubuntu install CDs, the Xfld CD contains more tools
and applications necessary for both productive usage with graphical
interface and command line interface. But the main purpose of Xfld is
demonstrating the latest Xfce.

The Xfld iso images can be downloaded from the website:
http://www.xfld.com/
http://www.os-cillation.de/

Regards,

Oliver Schweissgut
GF, Dipl.-Ing. techn. Inf.

os-cillation e.K.
Ingenieurbüro für technische Softwareentwicklung
+49 271 31368 0
info at os-cillation.de