Compositor tab gone from Window Manager Tweaks window

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 15:02:21 BST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-10-25 10:55, Jani Monoses wrote...
> it has not been removed on purpose, but it may disappeared by accident.
> Please file a bug in LP and it will be fixed in edgy+1

Alright, when I was going to file the bug, I searched through recent
bugs on xfwm4 and discovered this one:
<https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xfwm4/+bug/65593>

Sure enough, the file ~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/wmtweaks.xml did not
exist on my system.  So I opened the WM Tweaks window, changed some
random setting and voila, the file appeared!  Sure enough, the value of
"Xfwm/UseCompositing" was 0.  I changed it to 1, logged out and back in,
and the Compositor tab is there now and even works :-)

HTH,
Oliver
--
It's practically impossible to look at a   /\   #198843 @ http://counter.li.org
penguin and feel angry.     -- Joe Moore   \/

NP: Porcupine Tree - Light mass prayer