[Fwd: Xubuntu Forums on Xubuntu.org]

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 24 14:50:44 BST 2006

Hi Jani

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:08 +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:
> > We also have support for forums. Should Xubuntu have forums on the
site?
> > There has been some interest in it before.
>
> Can Xubuntu not use the regular ubuntu forums and be one of the topics
> discussed there?
> Do kubuntu or edubuntu have separate forums?

Edubuntu will have a little forum for teachers (they find the big forum
difficult), but generally they don't. It might be best to have Xubuntu's
forums with the rest of the forums (keep the userbase and knowledge
together), but personally I don't feel very strongly either way, since I
don't really use forums. The only big thing about having a seperate
forum, is that someone will have to take ownership of it and oversee it,
so I tend to think that keeping with ubuntuforums.org is best.

Let me know what you think, I am fine with it either way.

-Jonathan