Wallpaper

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 20:02:24 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> jmak wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just added a widescreen version of the wallpaper to the wiki that
> > should be part of the artwork package.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkXubuntuProduce
> >
> > Jmak
>
> Thanks, I suppose you're referring to the one titled "Wallpaper V3
> Widescreen 1600x1000". I'm not sure if 1600x1000 is a valid resolution
> on any monitor though. 1680x1050 might be a better choice being the
> native resolution on many 17" widescreen laptops.

Hi Jari,

Because I design the ubuntu wallpaper as well, today I got a request
from the ubuntu developers to send them a widescreen version of the
standard artwork that they specified as 1600x1000. This is where I got
the idea. So until further notice this is the official resolution that
we have to use.

Regards,
J. Mak
--