Does Xubuntu Live CD carry openoffice?

Ven R.M. ven8rm at
Sat Oct 14 18:47:11 BST 2006

I am bit puzzled about this. I had tried Xubunu Live CD (dapper) a few weeks ago, and couldn't find on it. When I looked at the manifest, it had some help/l10n files, but not the programs themselves, apparently. Was it skipped for that release?

The new manifest (for the daily-live CD) doesn't have the help files, and seems to be completely free of OO, which reflects in its smaller size.

Is it an explicit decision not to include OO? If so, since this is a very useful program, especially so since some first time users may find them useful to make the transition, wouldn't it be a good idea to include the OO suite?

Thanks and keep up the good work.