connection-manager

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:47:18 UTC 2006

Fair enough, I honestly wouldn't mind connetion-manager. It sounds to
be quite the application, I was just commenting because I noticed from
the original post that the project has yet to announce a stable
release and wasn't sure how much effort would like to be put into a
beta project for feisty. (Thought a quick google search yields no
information about the project so I can't verify its release state.)

I do agree that we should use an application that will manage both
wired and wireless connections in order to keep confusion to a minimum
and because in general, its just a better idea to have one application
that can replace two, provided we don't suffer from substantial
performance loss.

-Adam

On 11/21/06, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
> Adam Miller wrote:
> > I actually use wifi-radar for my wireless and it didn't appear to
> > install any dependencies that didn't come with the standard desktop
> > install. It appears to be written in python (which actually makes my day).
> >
> > -Adam
> I've read the thread and connection-manager seems to aim for a complete
> replacement for network-manager. Both wired and wireless connections
> will be/are supported.
>
> Haven't tried it myself though (desktop->wired)
>

> -H-

-=:Max:=-
--OpenPGP key: 5DBFA065--