more than 128 M needed for liveCD

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:32:00 UTC 2006

Again, you are referencing the Live cd, I want to know about the Alternate
installation cd and success with it under lesser memory footprints under
Edgy.

Precision is a fluid concept in a situation like this ... anything to the
closest multiple of 32 or 64 would suffice.

-Adam

On 11/8/06, panshizhu at routon.com <panshizhu at routon.com> wrote:

> xubuntu-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com 写于 2006-11-08 07:14:17:
> > Anyone with a test system able the check the lowest available specs
> > for the alternate installation is? I'm just personally curious and
> > lack the hardware. (actually plan to purchase one off ebay over the
> > next month just to do testing on feisty with) Thanks.
> >
> > -Adam
>
> How acurate do you want? Does it make any sense indicating something like
> "it require 134M memory" while nobody will have a computer with 134M
> memory?
>
> I'd tested it with my computer having 160M (128M+32M) and the Xubuntu live
> cd works. (In fact, the 160M even works with Kubuntu live cd afaik). Will
> anybody having a computer with memory between 128M and 160M?
>
> So the thing may be: 128M with regression, with 160M it simply works.
> --
> Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606

-=:Max:=-
--OpenPGP key: 5DBFA065--