more than 128 M needed for liveCD

panshizhu at routon.com panshizhu at routon.com
Wed Nov 8 07:16:41 UTC 2006

xubuntu-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com 写于 2006-11-08 07:14:17:
> Anyone with a test system able the check the lowest available specs
> for the alternate installation is? I'm just personally curious and
> lack the hardware. (actually plan to purchase one off ebay over the
> next month just to do testing on feisty with) Thanks.
>
> -Adam

How acurate do you want? Does it make any sense indicating something like
"it require 134M memory" while nobody will have a computer with 134M
memory?

I'd tested it with my computer having 160M (128M+32M) and the Xubuntu live
cd works. (In fact, the 160M even works with Kubuntu live cd afaik). Will
anybody having a computer with memory between 128M and 160M?

So the thing may be: 128M with regression, with 160M it simply works.
--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606