more than 128 M needed for liveCD

kpaliran at cc.jyu.fi kpaliran at cc.jyu.fi
Tue Nov 7 16:15:58 UTC 2006

> On 11/7/06, daniele favara <danjele at gmail.com> wrote:

>> the
>> new
>> > live cd? I was interested so I can make the update to the website in
>> an
>> > attempt to lessen the user confusion.
>>

> The only thing I noticed is panel missing in qemu, but since that's teh
> same
> with 256 M allocated to qemu
> I think what others notice is different. Ubiquity is not launched at that
> point.

  Now this is interesting, because I used Xubuntu Edgy desktop-cd without
any big problems (though with a few annoyances, of which I've already
told about) in a machine with 192mb of RAM - I also installed Edgy with
the CD, the only problem being Gparted not setting boot flag on the main
partition (likely fixed since then, similar bugs closed). This was with
Beta desktop-CD, but right now the final desktop-CD is running in the
same machine without any problems. Opened Firefox, Gimp, Abiword,
terminal, gxine: 'free' command reports 134 MB RAM used without buffers
or cache, still working.

Kari