Xubuntuguide.org

Brian Lawson brianrlawson at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 16:30:29 UTC 2006

After reading some responses, I wanted to clarify what I envisioned xubuntuguide.org to be.  I hope for it to be very much like ubuntuguide.org.  If you haven't checked it out, go there and scroll through it a bit…it will help give some context to this question.

It is very much an "unofficial" Ubuntu site, which is why I hesitate to attach it to the official (and Canonical-supported) site.  For example, ubuntuguide.org contains instructions for adding repositories that contain unsupported, non-free, or possibly illegal packages.  While extremely useful, I don't know that the official site would want to be responsible for this content.

But on the other hand, I don't want to dilute or fracture any momentum the Xubuntu project has going…I want to respect the wishes of the main team, contributors, and users.

-Brian