Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:40:37 UTC 2006

I also vote for the upgrade to Dapper.  As others have said, Dapper is the
LTS version of *buntu, so it should get the stability and functionality
updates that would come from upgrading to a final version of a piece of
software (e.g. Xfce4.4 Final compared to the Xfce4.4-Beta1 version that was
on the initial release of Dapper).  Also, are most Edgy users going to
notice the difference between Xfce4.4-RC1 and the final release?  Probably
not.  Besides, any Edgy user who wants Xfce4.4-Final could compile it
themselves or just wait 6 months for Feisty Fawn (which should probably
include an even more-recent release of Xfce . . . ).

jwcampbell at gmail.com