Eddie Torres eddie at veloct.net
Wed Nov 1 10:38:03 UTC 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> On 11/1/06, *Adam Miller* <maxamillion at gmail.com
> <mailto:maxamillion at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I hope my ignorance is not leading this question, but why would
>     time be spent on updating an older release instead of the current one?
>

> the base system of dapper is maintained for 3 years as part of the
> Ubuntu long term support plan so xubuntu users of dapper get that part
> as well. Dapper is an exception in this sense, I don;t think we can
> just upload random non-critical fixes to edgy anyway.
> We cannot update both edgy and dapper so we pick the one as we have
> limited time even for the development version let alone supporting
> already released ones.
>
> Jani
I'm not trying to disagree here but then what's the point of upgrading
to Edgy if nothing further is going to be included?  At least from my
point of view as an user that likes to have a more up to date system and
things being as you said, what's the incentive to go to edgy if dapper
is going to get the updates?  For someone like me it's almost a push to
try other distributions instead of sticking with this one.  I hope that
makes sense.

Eddie