Can we have madwifi included and configured for a PowerBook G3?

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Mon May 29 23:01:49 UTC 2006

Hello Xubuntu devs,

My apologies if I'm not contacting the proper list.  I've been following
this list for months, watching the progress as time permits.  I currently
have Xubuntu installed on my laptop, an old Apple PowerBook G3 ("Wallstreet
2").  In the past, I've had Ubuntu installed, and it took me quite a bit of
trouble getting a PC card to work on my machine.  I found that the D-Link
DWL-G650 works well enough for me, but I don't recall how I compiled the
madwifi driver in order to get it going.

I'm wondering if we can have madwifi included and configured for this
particular blend of linux-ppc and PC card; would that be doable?  Or must I
attempt to compile madwifi again?

Thanks for your work,

Harold