weird strings in settings manager

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Wed May 24 08:20:21 UTC 2006

As described in bug

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xfce-mcs-manager/+bug/45866/+index

the Spanish (but not only) translations of the xfce settings manager icon
labels are wrong.

Upstream i18n team is aware and describes the problem here
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce-i18n/2006-May/004441.html

However we cannot wait till this gets fixed upstream, but we still have a
chance to do it via rosetta
So if the settings dialog has 'button label' in the respective language
before some of the labels
(and if you care about it ;) ) please go to rosetta and either translate or
at least propose translations
if you don't have  full rights. At least the French translation has this
issue for the sound icon
(xfce4-mixer package)
The package for most if the icons' labels are is
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce-mcs-plugins/
There's a translations link on the left.

thanks
Jani