mark.a.brand at gmail.com
Tue May 23 09:50:41 UTC 2006
i am confused about something.
what i did:
* added a user and group called lighttpd through xubuntu-users-admin
(hereafter called xua)
* added a user mrelectron to the lighttpd group thru xua
* mrelectron as a member of the lighttpd group will have the same access to
directories and files as the lighttpd group.
* anytime i go into xua i can see mrelectron as a group member of lighttpd.
* if i try and access a directory owned by group-lighttpd i get a permission
* running "groups" (whoami returns mrelectron) returns:
"mrelectron adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev lpadmin scanner
.............i would have expected a group lighttpd
* running "groups mrelectron" (whoami returns mrelectron) returns:
"mrelectron : mrelectron adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev
lpadmin scanner admin lighttpd"
..............this has the group lighttpd.
so my questions are:
1. why i am having a permission denied error.
2. why do you get two different outputs from the groups and groups username
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xubuntu-devel