xscreensaver issues

Fabian Rodriguez mailinglists at FabianRodriguez.com
Thu May 11 14:38:33 UTC 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
> Hello
>
> is any of you experiencing xscreensaver not working in a default
> (clean) install?
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-meta/+bug/42887
> <https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xubuntu-meta/+bug/42887>
Hi Jani, all,

I have a clean (FL6) and  FL2+updates systems where I noticed 2
different entries for the screensaver. The first one brings up
gnome-screensaver-preferences  (xscreensaver 4.23 - 21 oct 2005) .
Theother One is for the olderinterface (?) (xscreensaver-demo).  When I
try to access the first one, I get the Warning popup with "The
XScreenSaver daemon doesn't seem to be running on display ":0.0".
Launch it now?" error, however the screensaver is runing and functioning
normally.

Boxes are running server install + later updated with Xubuntu + later
updated with ubuntu desktop or server + ubuntu-desktop + xubuntu-desktop.

F.