xfmedia crashes on playing proprietary video formats

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Mon May 8 02:03:59 UTC 2006

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote: On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 09:19:23PM -0400, j Mak wrote:
>     I've just downloaded and installed the w32codecs package to be able to play proprietary video formats (wmv, avi, mov and so on). When i start xfmedia the video plays for a second then crashes. Does anyone experience similar problems?

If you're using Dapper, you need to install the libxine-extracodecs
package from multiverse.

If xfmedia continues to crash despite having installed the
aforementioned package, please post a five- to ten-second sample of the
affected video on a public Web space.

Thanks a lot. This solved the problem.

J. Mak

Daniel T. Chen            crimsun at ubuntu.com