Adding printers vs Xubuntu philosphy

Joe Braddock jmbraddock at earthlink.net
Sat May 6 00:27:21 UTC 2006

I know that Xubuntu is striving to keep itself Gnome free.  And I
respect and appreciate that.  However I would like to offer the
suggestion of using the Ubuntu printing tools to add/remove printers to
Xubuntu.  Even though it would mean having something with Gnome
dependencies I think that the when faced with not being able to offer a
core function (easy printing configuration) we should err on having the
Gnome dependencies (with the goal being to move to eventually
eliminating them).

Joe Braddock