Applications-menu

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon May 1 07:13:57 UTC 2006

Hi Pekka

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 03:05 +0300, Pekka Kujansuu wrote:
> I think it's pretty confusing that the main menu in Xubuntu is called
> "Applications", given that it contains more than just applications. It
> makes no sense to me at all to click on "Applications" in order to
> change my system settings or log out. Is the menu name final for Dapper?

I think this has been discussed, I can't remember the exact conclusion,
it might have been too late to do this for the Dapper release.

Xfce gives you the option of editing your menus, I suggest that you play
around with that a bit, here's some screenshots of what I did:

Applications menu:
http://photos.jonathancarter.co.za/screenshots/xf_apps

System menu:
http://photos.jonathancarter.co.za/screenshots/xf_system