Bugs, doubts and suggestions in Xubuntu Dapper

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 06:42:22 UTC 2006

> No, I thinking in system load, net monitor, weather plugin, clipboard
> monitor etc.

these are in the repo, but  in universe so are not yet installed by default.
apt-get install xfce4-weather-plugin, etc.

> I think that aptitude [wrongly] installed Nautilus when I did
> "aptitude install xubuntu-desktop", I'll install Dapper-server again
> and install xubuntu-desktop with apt-get to confirm it.

actually that is the expected  behaviour of aptitude.
but instead of reinstalling you can uninstall gnome apps then
deborphan |xargs apt-get remove -y
for removing unused libs. You may have to repeat the last step a few times.

Of course doing a fresh install is ok since you can give some more feedback
:)

Jani