Bugs, doubts and suggestions in Xubuntu Dapper

Álvaro Justen [Turicas] alvarojusten at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:17:09 UTC 2006

Hello all,
XFCE evoluted STRONGLY from Breezy to Dapper. The XFCE team is doing a
good work.
But I have some "bug reports" to xubuntu dapper:
1) Aplications -> File Manager (xffm). I clicked and it did't run ;-(
2) I think that Firefox and other apps in Dapper are more slowest than
in Breezy...

Some doubts...
1) Where are te other plugins on XFCE-panel, wich in Breezy are
installed by default?
2) Where is XChat? What program to connect in IRC I have to use?
3) Why "Orange" (calendar) is in "Office" menu, don't in "Acessories"?
4) Why Nautilus? It uses GNOME libs, don't it? ;-(
5) Apps that are in Ubuntu [with GNOME] like "System Monitor" use GNOME libs?

And suggestions :-)
1) Add "sound manager" in panel 1 to default distribution of xubuntu Dapper.
2) Add other functionalities in panel that was in xubuntu Breezy.
3) Don't use Nautilus [I openned it and now my wallpaper changed, has
icons etc.], I prefer xfdesktop ;-)
4) Be Thunar the default file manager [don't xffm or Nautilus].

The icons are very beautiful. Congratulations, xubuntu team! :-)

I installed Ubuntu Dapper Server in pt_BR language [Portuguese
(Brazil)] and some texts aren't translated [XFCE Settings Manager is
one of the applications that aren't 100% translated]. How can I help
xubuntu project in tranlating these expressions? I have an account in
Launchpad and translated some packages in Rosetta ;-)

*Err, excuse me by my ugly English.

--
Abraços,
 Álvaro Justen [Turicas]