Bugs and doubts

Colin McDermott colmcd at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 25 05:17:32 UTC 2006

3- Can I put icons on my desktop? How?

Yes you can. You must use rox-filer which is not included in the
standard Xubuntu setup. You can also use dfm, Idesk xfdesk and the other
programs avaliable to do so. Please trust me and use rox-filer or dfm.

To install
firstly add universe repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list (see
www.ubuntuguide.org to do this).

Then sudo aptitude install rox-filer

now to run rox as the icon Generator

rox --pinboard=MyPinboard

This command will give you Desktop icons that are reasonably easy to
manipulate.

Cheers

Colin

--