xubuntu (dapper) and kdm issues?

Kristian Rink kawazu at zimmer428.net
Sat Mar 18 13:28:28 UTC 2006

Hi all;

using xubuntu atop dapper, I've been through some discussions lately of
people reporting that xubuntu obviously doesn't start well while being
launched from kubuntu - KDM [1]. Symptoms: Having all xubuntu packages
installed and KDM running, while logging in to an XFCE4 session it seems
to start up well, but then the desktop is all empty, no panels, no
window-manager(?), no desktop menus, nothing. We're currently discussing
this on ubuntuusers.de, meanwhile: anyone knows about any
incompatibilities between xubuntu and KDM? Anything worth taking care of
while considering installation of xubuntu-desktop atop dapper-kubuntu?

TIA and bye,
Kris

[1] discussion on that might be found (German) here:
http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/26690/

Kristian Rink *  http://zimmer428.net * jab: kawazu at jabber.ccc.de
icq: 48874445 *  fon: ++49 176 2447 2771
"Wenn einer allein träumt, ist es nur ein Traum. Wenn viele gemeinsam
träumen, ist das der Anfang einer neuen Wirklichkeit." (Hundertwasser)