[SOLVED]Almost there...

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 03:20:53 UTC 2006

Hello my Xubuntu-lovin' nerdy birds,

It's been months since I fired up my Ubuntu-runnin' Apple Powerbook G3 (yes,
it's an old one -- a Wallstreet II), and today -- after hours of stripping
down this beautiful machine and installing a new PRAM battery at the bottom
of the heap -- I'm ready to give Xubuntu another go.  I'd been running
Ubuntu without a GUI for awhile, partially out of a desire to learn the CLI
and partially to torture myself, I suppose; now, I'm ready to see if I can
install Xubuntu without too many hiccups.  (I had some before: read my
previous email, attached below.)

So I've simply logged in to my Ubuntu system and ran the following command:
'sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop'.  I must have added the correct
repositories months ago, because the installation is in progress and it
looks good so far.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for developing on this wonderful concept; there are still old systems
like mine that deserve to be running modern operating systems, and some of
us cannot afford those new Powerbooks!

Sincerely,
Nerdy bird Harold
SomethingThatHappened.com