xscreensave and power management

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 16:35:24 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> > i think i can fix this ... i'll show you something soon
>

> you mean taking out gnome stuff out of these apps or
> making xss be power aware? They are both intrusive but feel
> free to try.

Jani .. correct me if i'm wrong ...

from what i've undesrtood (thanks even to crimsum), the problem is
that x-s-s can't start on "LOW_BATTERY" signals ... and this affects
just laptops.

dbus sends such signals ... saying the % of the battery. Is it all we
need? I mean ...
should we have just something that can check the battery % and
eventually run it  ?

> > PS: meeting ?
>

> completely forgot about it. Tonight, 18UTC? Fine by me.

for me too ..

----
http://dsslive.org
----