Update

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 07:43:21 UTC 2006

> I think we should  use the same background as Ubuntu. This would certainly
> be more unified, and I don't think  confusion will be a problem as you do
> thoughtfully "pick" Xubuntu, so you know it's Xfce and what you can expect,
> not that some one will feel like "where has the menu's gone?". I think the
> more unified the better, personally.

My worry is related to the fact  that someone may get in front of a xubuntu
box thinking it is ubuntu and then getting
annoyed when certain things do not behave as expected. The same happens when
expecting gnome/kde to behave like
windows so I am not sure how much of an issue this is.
So while I think we should be consistent since that means polish and less
confusion for users it should be clear all along
that the system is xfce based.
As for background a nonintrusive 'xubuntu' text seems ok to me, just like
ubuntu does, and on the artwork wiki page
there is such a wallpaper by Jozsef Mak.

Jani