Update

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 3 04:38:08 UTC 2006

                                        Hi all,

    This is the plan that seems to be emerging from the art team discussions.
    It envisions the creation of three basic themes for dapper.
    1. glossy, elegant
    2. simple
    3. kind of flashy

    The plan also foresees the creation of a unified look and feel for Ubuntu and Kubuntu.
    It was suggested that since drapper would be supported for 3 years, it should be made as attractive as possible.
    There are three themes that have already been recommended for dapper; they could be looked at the link below; everyone can add a theme to the list and when the deadline is up the community will pick one, which will be further polished and modified to meet the above requirements.

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/AdditionalThemes

                    I think xubuntu too should adopt this approach and make the interface as unified as possible with the other two siblings.

Anyhow, these are the ideas that surfaced up from the intense two days discussions on the art-team mailing list. And with all probability, things will speed up even more, because Mr Shuttleworth has joined to the mailing list and become very active.

When I find out more, I will post it here.

    J. Mak