Multimedia plans for Edgy

Colin McDermott colmcd at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 3 11:03:20 UTC 2006

1. Is it reasonable to include gstreamer in xubuntu?
2. Is totem a good choice (I've never used it myself)?
3. Other proposition(s) for multimedia?

Can I say this I HATE ToTEM. It is difficult to use. It  is not
straightforward. It is Processor intensive and I don't understand why
people would use it.

Sure rank all options. But I personally think that GXine is a far
lighter and far better option. IMHO.

Other Options
Xine
Xmms