background and auto-login

Lamanary Ramos de Pina lamanary at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 00:45:17 UTC 2006

On 7/18/06, Luzi Thoeny <lucius.antonius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lamanary Ramos de Pina wrote:
> > hi list...
> > after i enabled auto-login the desktop backgroud doesn't apear when i
> > login.
> > if i logout and login again it apears. why is that?
> Hm, have you by any chance started Nautilus? Nautilus is known to take
> over the desktop-background if not started with --no-desktop.

yes, i had nautilus installed... i've tried (then and now) to removed with
apt-get remove, and it says that there is no package to remove. bu with
whereis nautilus it apears on /usr/lib and /usr/share! i have to look it up

> i tried to look up the xubuntu version to tell you, but i couldn't. it
> > isn't
> > 6.06. how do i see wich version my xubuntu is?
> start synaptic, look for 'xubuntu-desktop', and look at the version
> number:
>
> 1.32 > it's dapper
>
> 1.4 > it's breezy
>
> don't have it > it's hoary or warty

1.4

you could also check which kernel you're running with:

uname -a

> > and, how do i upgrade to 6.06? i've tried apt-get but it says that is
> > already the newest version. do i have to install it from scratch?
> >
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DapperUpgrades

hmm... to much to read. weekend job.

> tanx, lamanary
> >
> ~luzi

Existem duas verdades que nunca podem ser separadas neste mundo: 1ª que a
soberania reside no povo; 2ª que o povo nunca deve exercê-la.
Antoine Rivarol