background and auto-login

Luzi Thoeny lucius.antonius at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:12:28 UTC 2006

Lamanary Ramos de Pina wrote:
> hi list...
> after i enabled auto-login the desktop backgroud doesn't apear when i
> login.
> if i logout and login again it apears. why is that?
Hm, have you by any chance started Nautilus? Nautilus is known to take
over the desktop-background if not started with --no-desktop.
> i tried to look up the xubuntu version to tell you, but i couldn't. it
> isn't
> 6.06. how do i see wich version my xubuntu is?
start synaptic, look for 'xubuntu-desktop', and look at the version number:

1.32 > it's dapper

1.4 > it's breezy

don't have it > it's hoary or warty

you could also check which kernel you're running with:

uname -a

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DapperUpgrades
> tanx, lamanary

~luzi