transition to main

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:13:40 UTC 2006

> i'm already using an ubuntu-express like installer in my project, that
> is an hack of the guadalinex liveinstaller (same source), i needed to
> remove the depepndencies on the module:

we will hopefully use the espresso installer which is prepared for
ubuntu/kubuntu
Right now it is early to tell how much we need to modify it as I know it
depends on
gnome-python stuff. In a few weeks when it is ready for testing we can look
at it
and work on making it gtk-only.

$bzr get http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/bzr/espresso/ubuntu/

to check out it's current status, but Colin Watson said he's not yet ready
for feedback.

The python-gnome bindings are bringing in all gnome libs AFAIK, even if
gnomeprint and gnomecanvas
would technically be enough for some cases, but the bindings package is not
that fine-grained.

Jani