a brand new volume manager

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:52:47 GMT 2006

> if someyone would port it to c np, but i'm focusing on python ...
> that's what i like to use at the moment and mainly it's really a long
> time i don't use c. From what i see it's fast as ivman even if it has
> more features.
>
> Why is it better for users to have it in C?

memory footprint reasons,  nothing else.
And is XML really needed? A simple INI file like syntax would be better
IMHO,
unless you use a tree structured or otrherwise complicated config file
format
This is what I don't like about ivman either, a full page of brackets and
tags
to convey something which can simply be written (and more importantly read
by a human) as key = value lines.

Jani