About using old hardware

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:54:16 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Juan Jose Pablos <juanjo at apertus.es> wrote:

> Jani Monoses wrote:
> >

> > Is that particular alsa driver not already in the stock ubuntu kernel?
> >

> how can I find that information? the alsa module is the snd-sbawe

 /lib/modules/2.6.15-11-386/kernel/sound/isa/sb/snd-sbawe.ko
:)

if it did not get loaded at boot it's probably still the new udev stuff not
being finished.

> modules-assistant is a developer tool it should not be in the default
> > desktop.
>
> ok, so maybe keep in mind that this is going to be used in old hardware
> that is all.

I don't understand what you mean :)
I am just saying that whether the hw is old or new the default desktop
should only contain
user stuff. Developers can install what they need.

Jani