Start xscreensaver at login?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:47:30 GMT 2006

On 2/20/06, Michael Moore <stuporglue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I want xscreensaver to start at login, so I start it with
> "xscreensaver -no-splash" with the run dialog, then save session, but
> it's not saving.
>
> Any ideas why? This is a fresh install.

Probably xscreensaver does not know about session management so it
is not part of the session which xfce saves and later restarts?
It is started by startxfce4 (it is called from /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc) and
I don't think anything special needs to be done to have it enabled,
but maybe I don't understand what you're asking ;)

Jani