sylpheed-claws in xubuntu-desktop

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Mon Feb 20 09:22:42 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I read on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XubuntuProposedPackages that you have
decided to use Sylpheed-Claws in Xubuntu... As a Sylpheed-Claws
developer, you can guess I'm quite happy about that :-)

However it seems the chosen package is sylpheed-claws (1.0.5-2), which
is really old - and is in GTK1. Did you not choose sylpheed-claws-gtk2
on purpose, or is it just an oversight?

sylpheed-claws-gtk2 in Universe is currently at 1.9.100, but our latest
release is 2.0.0, which hit the Debian repos this week-end. (I suppose
it'll reach Dapper's universe soon).

It works much better than the older gtk1 version, especially on IMAP
accounts.

Thanks,
--
Colin