Xubuntu Graphics

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:52:33 GMT 2006

On 2/10/06, Michael Moore <stuporglue at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's about as resource hungry as Gimp :)
> > And its definitely the best vector graphics editor out
> > there.
>
> Resource-wise, I don't think it is any worse than Gimp. Agree on the
> vector part. The only thing is: Most people don't do vector graphics,
> and so Inkscape may take up room where a more-used package could go.

I agree  Inkscape is nice and will most likely be on the CD, just not in the
default desktop.
So probably most gnome libs will be on the CD for those who need them.
Don't know how much room we will have left on the CD besides core xubuntu
but I hope
quite a lot compared to ubuntu/kubuntu. So we'll have as many language packs
as possible
and probably the preferred apps for specialized users as in inkscape's case.
I think that even more so than with U/K we need to think of users on slow or
inexistent net as they
are more likely to have older hardware.

Jani