Xubuntu Logo proposal

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 10 16:11:43 UTC 2006

daniele favara <danjele at gmail.com> wrote: On 2/10/06, Licio Fernando
 wrote:
> 2006/2/10, daniele favara :
> > i think xubuntu should maintain the circle, and the X out of it ....
> > or we'll get a text like:
> >
> > - (x)xubuntu
> >
> > and including the x within the circle :
> >
> > - (x)ubuntu
> >
> > it can look strange ... but  in the first case i read "xxubuntu" and
> > in the last case "ubuntu".
> >
> > At the moment the one i like more is this:
> >

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XubuntuArtwork?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=xubuntu_banner.png
> >
> > the idea behind i think it's pertinent
> >

> http://lehrer.schule.at/goell-pregesbauer//wp-content/xubuntu_logo_suggestion_3.gif
> >
> > but mainly it was the choice for berezy.
> >
> > What about the color palette|scheme ?
>
>  I liked them two!  But he will be that the rat of xfce can be used?

umm ... why not ? do you mean for the licence ?

in that case we should focus more on the color scheme.

i see edubuntu and kubuntu have modified the ubuntu circle, Xubuntu
will be a fast and light distro .... maybe some artists could try to
modify the circle to make it "more "dynamic" ... i'm just throwing
ideas. I'm sorry but i can't help in any way on this field :/.

                                        Both the the edubuntu and the kubuntu logos introduced only slight modifications in the original logo.
    In the case of kubuntu the heads in the circle have been replaced with the gears, showing its affiliation with the kde desktop environment.
    Xubuntu has been based on xfce, so we should also indicate this link by incorporating some visual features from the xfce project, like the mouse, for instance, rather than radically redesign the original ubuntu logo. I think, the first logo proposal is quite reasonable.
        J. Mak