ivman --exit-with-session

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:25:27 UTC 2006

> > yes, the panel registers with the session manager so when the latter
> dies it
> > sends a signal
> > to all registered session clients. So either ivman needs to be taught
> about
> > sessions or worked
> >  around some other way. I'll have to check out the autostart spec and
> see if
> > that would help.
> >
> yes .. that is what i was thinking ... but after some tests i couldn't
> find a way to have it working.
> i'll take a deeper look me too ... mybe i was missing something.

the autostart spec does not say anything about logout/shutdown actions, so
probably
using session management withing ivman is the way to go.
I am wondering how much ivman and thunar's planned volume management
functionality overlap
and whether  we really need ivman if thunar's features materialize for
dapper.

Jani