1st attempt to install - thus some feedback

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Dec 26 21:56:26 UTC 2006

Findings upon evaluating xubuntu-6.10-desktop-i386.iso

First box is K6-2 500 MHz based, cd failed to boot in either normal or "safe boot" mode. So I went on to an Intel box.

Second box is an IBM 300PL PII 350 MHZ. It was installing just find until it got around to partitioning the hard disk. From what I see, bad enough I do not think I can manage to get it installed.

What my goal was on the partitioning topic was to create /boot as ext2, and all the rest be xfs, and swap of course.

Create pri partition for /boot as ext2, ends of formatting xfs every time.

Thinking it might be ext2 related, I wipe the disk and repartitioned with ext3 as /boot. xfs still is on the /boot partition, but now ext3 is on the / partition! ;-)

Anyway, I will try my luck with ubuntu 6.10 and always ready to try suggestions with xubuntu.

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems