Artwork update

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:08:53 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/06, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:

> the

> > > Why does it have to contrast with the text? Is there some usability
> > > reasoning behind that or do you just like it?
> > >

> > Normally, there must be a hierarchy behind the various compositional
> > elements. If visually everything is on the same level, it becomes
> > confusing. This is just a basic compositional principle.
>
> Ah, right.  But can't the logo and name be looked at as one?

The best example is apple. They have tons of variations of their logo,
but what you see is either the image or the text logo (currently, they
 play mostly on the letter X). You hardly see the two together. If you
do, you mostly see the apple image stylized with a plain black text
underneath.  That's how it was with edgy. Now, it is the reverse.

--
2007 Calendar, Great Xmas gift
http://www.lulu.com/content/512622