Mac G3 Beige (Tommy Trussell)

Frarquit frarquit at uol.com.br
Wed Dec 20 14:53:21 UTC 2006

I`ve finally found the way to boot live CDs with an Old World Mac (with
 >= 192MB of RAM): just copy the correspondent Yaboot.conf`arguments
that are in the CD to the BootX`kernel arguments!

For Breezy`live CD:

casper/enable=true
casper-udeb/snapshot/backing-file=/cdrom/casper/filesystem.cloop --

For Xubuntu Edgy`liveCD (found into Yaboot.conf file, at
append`instructions):

file=/cdrom/preseed/xubuntu.seed boot=casper quiet --

It is possible to check the CD`integrity (and so on) with:

boot=casper integrity-check quiet splash --

So, solved the problem number 2, we go back to 1:

How can I configure the pmac_zilog module to print?

Thank you for your attention,

Francisco