Cody Somerville cody.somerville at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 00:38:19 UTC 2006

Hey Everyone,

If I understand correctly, the main concern is lack of interest and that
questions would end up going un-answered. I don't think this is the case

   1. There are 80-90 people on #xubuntu at all times (ie. This new ml
   will appeal to them)
   2. There are a handful of people who want to get involved and do so by
   helping answering questions on IRC. I feel that these individuals would most
   certainly subscribe to this new ml as well.
   3. Just because we split this ml, doesn't mean that developers who
   would be willing to help answer questions could not subscribe to the new ml.
   4. Kubuntu and Ubuntu both have -users ml (and I think Edubuntu might
   as well) - Better to have one then not have one.
   5. You currently have to subscriber to -devel and there is a lot of
   traffic on -devel that isn't applicable to users which results in them
   un-subscribing or ignoring mail from this list.

- Cody A.W. Somerville

Firefox (www.getfirefox.com) -- A browser you can trust