xubuntuguide.org Update

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 14:20:12 UTC 2006

Actually, I have admin login and I can pass off logins but there was
discussion of putting this on the back burner because we are still so short
on our official documentation that taking on a third party site right now
might be a bit of scattered resources. If you would personally like to start
working on it I would be more than happy to give you administrative login.

-Adam

On 12/15/06, Vincent <imnotb at gmail.com> wrote:

> So... Any progress on this?
>
> On 12/2/06, Brian Lawson <brianrlawson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all...sorry it has been a while since I emailed (new baby, holidays,
> > etc...you know the drill).  I tried to install MediaWiki for use at the
> > xubuntuguide.org site at the recommendation of this group, but my host
> > doesn't support PHP 5, so no luck there.  I resorted back to TikiWiki and
> > applied the Tikipedia theme which makes it look and work much the same as
> > MediaWiki.  Also, I was able to use Fantastico to auto-install TikiWiki via
> > my host, so staying up to date with the latest versions and patches should
> > be much easier for me this way.  I hope this is an acceptable direction.
> >
> > As I mentioned before, I'm a grateful user but I'm a far cry from an
> > expert or Admin.  So, I'd like to open up the floor to anyone that would
> > like to contribute, edit, and moderate the xubuntuguide.org site as an
> > Admin.  I think that Adam Miller and Vincent raised their hand before, but
> > if anyone would like to be added just drop me a line at brian -at- blawson
> > -dot- net.
> >
> > Again, my hope and vision for the site would be to achieve something
> > similar to ubuntuguide.org (step-by-step tutorials, instructions, and
> > how-tos for configuration and installation of software) but with
> > alternatives suited for the Xubuntu distribution (non-GTK dependent, low
> > resource consumption, etc.).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian

> Vincent