Xubuntu in the news

john levin john at technolalia.org
Thu Dec 14 11:40:27 GMT 2006

Hi all,

In depth review of Xubuntu

"Once I had everything I like installed and configured I’ve found
Xubuntu to be truly a pleasure to use. It’s user friendly for the
newcomer and highly customizable for the experienced user."

Amongst the criticisms are:
no scanner software - is this because there's no gtk frontend to sane?
old documentation
usb printer not detected
wireless card not configured, as ethernet was chosen as default.

(Should I file these in launchpad, even though they don't originate with

Also suggests the addition of xfapplet, to allow gnome applets to run in
the taskbar.
Seems like a good idea to me.