Games for feisty

Eero Tamminen oak at helsinkinet.fi
Wed Dec 6 22:23:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 23:12, roberto.blatt at gmail.com wrote:
> I do not understand. I think that diversion is important and the
> sophisticated games serve to this.

Game diversity is different from having sophisticated games.  Games can
differ a lot even if they are easily approachable.  They can be from
different genres (puzzle, shooter, platform, multiplayer, sport/race,
adventure, board, educational, fps, rpg, strategy etc).

Usually sophisticated (complex game play, long story lines, lots to learn,
long playtime) games take much more diskspace because they have a lot
more content (graphics, music etc).  For the stuff that is included into
install CD, I would recommend having something nice but simple.

E.g. years ago one (non-Linux) Asteroids variant had very good
re-playability for me. I didn't need/want to play them for a long time in
the same sitting, but I played it for a couple of years at least once a
month.  Nethack is somewhat similar, but its play sessions are usually
longer and probably it's not aproachable enough.

I would recommed including something that is:
- Easy to play (learn)
- Looks & sounds nice (enough)
- Doesn't require one to play for a long time.
  I.e. average play time is fairly short
- Has very good playability / replay value
- Doesn't take much disk space

Solitaire, Tetris, Minesweeper are all such games, but hopefully we
have (also) some other games which are not so (boringly) familiar to
everybody.

	- Eero