Artwork update

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:13:19 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, Oblio <apa.chioara at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Here is an update about the direction of the wallpaper and the login
> > screen going. I've tried to come up with a color that dark enough to
> > provide a contrasty background for even the blue icon theme and also
> > be good on the eye.
> > I've also reworked the gimp splash to be better integrated with our
> > color scheme. I think this addition would be a nice touch to the
> > overall look and feel of upcoming feisty.
> >
> > http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9173/screenshotea3.png
> > http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1882/screenshotzd3.png
> > http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7251/xubuntugimpsplashng3.png
> >
> > Jmak
>
> Hello.
>
> First of all, I have to say that I like very much your work. I think the
> metallic
> look of the logo makes the Xubuntu logo the best looking of the *ubuntus.
>
> I do have 3 ideas I'll share, and I'm willing to take some beating for
> them:
> 1) I believe that the colours should be toned down, they seem too bright.

If you tone down the colors too much you might end up with a dull image.

> 2) The Gimp logo needs some sort of pallete, or less colours, to make it
> look more integrated.

The same here.

> 3) Could the GDM theme have a shorter container for the logo and username/
> password.

The gdm box exactly the same size as in edgy. Under the username box
there is a language option as well (you dont see it here) for that one
needs space as well.

Jmak

> Hope you don't mind the suggestions (I've seen on my own how hard is to
> create
> graphics, while trying to find a logo for a Linux Users Group site...).
>
> Regards,
> Oblio

2007 Calendar, Great Xmas gift
http://www.lulu.com/content/512622