Deferred Edgy Ideas for Feisty

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Mon Dec 4 08:12:42 UTC 2006

Adam Miller wrote:
> Sorry for double mailing, but a user just brought up a good point in
> the irc channel. rdesktop isn't installed by default in xubuntu edgy,
> but is on ubuntu edgy (also included on ubuntu livecd and not xubuntu
> livecd) i think that would be a good addition as well since alot of
> users seem to use it for one reason or another ... we are surrounded
> by a windows world, its a sad fact we must face .....
>
> -Adam
Adam, is rdesktop still under active development? It seems that there
are hundreds of bugs and proposed patches at their SF page.
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24366)

Since MS's terminal server client (mstsc) crashes on keypress in Wine,
rdesktop is still the only option for a lot of us, but there are so many
visual bugs that it's almost unusable... (simple example: radio buttons
aren't drawn correctly, so you can't see which one is selected, max 256
colors, etc)

Getting back on topic: if a tool or programs is going to be included, it
should have an active upstream and not too many open bugs...

Cheers!

Harold.