draft announcement: Xubuntu 6.06 Beta 2 Released

daniele favara danjele at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 07:59:00 UTC 2006

On 4/28/06, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:

> > is this the tty issue ? the one for which you need to switch tty to
> > press enter ?
> >

> there are apparently two indepenent issues at reboot. One I saw in beta1
> when
> it got stuck in splashdown prompting for Return but not sensing it, and
> today with beta2
> that X would not close, and switching to ttys gets a blank screen.

i'm afraid this is a regression from beta1 .. while fixing the previous issue.

i agre with crimsum:

> "manual reboot is required" should suffice.

as to explain clearly what to do in few lines is almost impossible,
but i even think a link to a wiki page, we could maintain,  could even
be needed.

if it'll be as i think .. we'll receive many users asking about this
.. it'll be useful anyway.

for some users "manual reboot is required" could be scary :)

--
----
http://dsslive.org