Usplash distortion

j Mak joz_mak at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 26 15:12:17 UTC 2006

daniele favara <danjele at gmail.com> wrote: On 4/26/06, Jan Claeys
 wrote:
> Op di, 25-04-2006 te 11:06 -0400, schreef j Mak:
> > I've just updated to the new usplash. It is elongated vertically, I
> > mean the logo has a egg shape rather than circle and the letters are
> > too become kind of longish.
> > Why is this? And how can I fix it?
>
> Usplash sets the screen to a 4:3-based resolution, and if you have a
> widescreen LCD panel, those often stretch that to their native
> 10:6-based resolution.   Not all of them do that though; some will use
> black borders around or have an option to choose between both types of
> behaviour.

it shouldn't show black borders around if the usplash  background
image has same color as index 0 of the color map.

then as i told on a previous mail, and as jani is saying here an image
that is 640x480 looks ok on a screen that has a res of 800x600
1024x764 and so on ... not the same for an image that is 640x400 , you
can see it as you'd expect on a 1024x640 screen (or whatver is the
size that really exists with this ratio :/ )

                                        If I understand correctly, what you are saying is that with traditional screens this distortion is normal.
    But the majority of  monitors, in my view, is still not wide screen. Then what was the reason behind changing the proportions of the artwork.
        J. Mak

--
----
http://dsslive.org