mail client

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:25:38 UTC 2006

Hi Colin
I was about to say in the previous mail that noone synced the new sylpheed
but
I see it;s at almost latest now (2.1.0)

> I'd be glad if you could elaborate on this. As a Sylpheed-Claws
> developer I'd like to continue improving S-Claws :)

What I meant was that for the regular pop3/imap mail reading most
non-techies do
I don't think there;s much difference between these two clients. Please
correct me if this is not the case.
The main reason for going with t-bird is it's stability and the fact it is
actively maintained in main, by someone other than myself :)
While s-claws is no longer the bleeding edge version of sylpheed it still
has crashers from what I see in the last changelog.

Jani

OT PS: an improvement I'd like to see in s-claws is the typeahead find in
newsgroup searches as t-bird does. And possibilty
of organizing newsgroups in subfolders, which t-bird does not do either. I
read most lists through gmane that's why :)